The Natural Way Health Clinic
Joint dysfunction, commonly presenting as joint pain or discomfort, can occur in the glenohumeral joint. The pain can refer from the cartilaginous tissues linking the bones or associated structures.
Symptoms include pain and discomfort locally and referred. Slight swelling and redness can also occur. People may also report restricted motion.
Adhesive capsulitis/frozen shoulder
How our experts can help: Depending on the findings of the history and patient examination, the chiropractor will recommend an individualized plan of management.
The treatment options may include:
- Patient education and reassurance
- Mobilization to restore range of motion
- Soft tissue therapy of associated structures
- Modalities including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound and others
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
*If shoulder dislocation or instability is suspected, the patient will be referred to medical services.
Description Courtesy of: WWW.CCACHIRO.ORG